> the e-gold name.  e-gold should take action to prevent the use of their system
> by these scams,

What action do you propose? How is it applied fairly and consistently in
a low overhead fashion?

I have been scammed officially about 4 annoying times, but also many
little times by myself. Like putting extra hours in at work for no good
reason, not standing up for a full refund, etc. When I learn from them,
I am able to avoid similar things. This is important because I am a
natural sucker! Someone once asked me, "did you know the word 'gullible'
is not in the dictionary?" I replied, "Your kidding!"

As I stop looking for a free meal and start standing up for myself, the
frequency of being suckered has decreased dramatically.