>>The dollar will only become 'mute' when the IRS accepts gold as payment<<

I know this may sound strange, but The I.R.S cannot and will never accept
gold as payment for tax. Gold and Silver is defined under US law as real
money but Federal Reserve notes are not (Legal tender). If fact the IRS can
not tax pure gold at all but I don't think they will let you see it that
way.

Vic