George,

    Please let me be one of the first SR Agents and e-gold Market Makers to
publicly thank you for your efforts:

>Ours is not an anonymous service, never has been,
> and was never touted as such.   Rather, we actually verify that
> the applicant is who they say they are.   We owe that to our
> agents who take the risk.

>We need to verify that you are who
>you say you are.  On this list there have been many reports of
>fraud, rip offs, etc.  Ask any of the market makers about the
>issues with fraud.  We are trying to avoid that.

    I am quite sure I will not be the last.  What many individuals who are
concerned about privacy do not understand is that the current e-gold system
is ripe with abuse.  (Sniff..sniff...can't you smell that?)  Anonymous
services are great and have many wonderful uses, but open up those of us who
act as portals into the system to the targeting eyes of thieves, scoundrels
and counterfeiters.

    I do not think it is anyone's business HOW someone spends his or her
money.  However, as an SR agent and e-gold Market Maker, it IS my business
if the payment someone is sending to me to obtain these currencies is
legitimate.  We have seen a dramatic increase in the use of stolen credit
cards, counterfeit checks, bogus money orders, so on and so on!  The only
way for our company to accept these forms of payment and fund accounts is to
know that the person sending the payment is the person they claim to be.

    John makes several good arguments about BB and the use of SS #'s.  I
personally am VERY skeptical about giving mine over the Internet no matter
WHO is asking and HOW secure they claim to be.  I prefer to mail it by snail
mail.  Is there a chance that a drivers license and/or SS card can be
photocopied and notarized as proof of identity?  This may ease some of the
privacy buffs concerns about hackers hitting the SR on-line databases.

     To those of you out there that do not want ANYONE to know who you are
or HOW you spend you money, I ask you what faith does someone in my line of
work have in accepting a payment from you?  You have to obtain your e-gold
and SR-AUG and SR-USD somewhere with fiat currency.  Unless you send cash
via mail (which is NOT recommended) certain trust must be demonstrated.
Proving to me you are who you claim to be is the basic foundation of any
client/service relationship I see as mutually beneficial. This is done by
being verified by  Standard Reserve's system.

    Lastly, if you STILL desire to remain 100% anonymous, might I suggest my
secret "Invisible Man Formula"?  Guaranteed to turn you invisible!  No one
will know who you are, where you are from, or how you spend your finances.
Just send me, oh, $25 K in an unmarked envelope with no information inside
in small USD, non-sequential bills.  It will work...trust me....:0)

     As always, these are just my opinions and not meant to become part of
any routine medical treatment, diet and exercise plan, or for children under
the age of 21 years of age.  Some assembly required.  Batteries not
included.  Gaithman's Invisible Products:  www.nosuchplaceonearth.com

     Happy New Year!
     Eric