From: "SnowDog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "gary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [e-gold-list] Re: and wouldn't TWC be to die
for!

> Why does it matter? Thousands of businesses, everyday,
follow US government
> regulations. Why does this bother you?
>
> Craig

for!

> > Assuming that you could find a dealer to take e-gold for
the purchase of
> > a car or a business that would sell your business some
expensive
> > equipment and take e-gold for payment. would the
receivers of that
> > payment and/or e-gold now be required (at least in the
US) to file a
> > government report of a $10,000+ cash transaction?  If
so, would they
> > want to bother with that type of business?
> >
> > Gary

for!

> > appears
organizations to
> > accept
the bulk of
> > e-gold use
> > > is
games/ponzis/pyramid programs
> > out
> > >

> > > I believe there will always be two kinds of money in
this world,
> > because
> > > there are two fundamental types of transactions:
> > >
> > > 1) Consumer controlled transactions, where the
Consumer will demand
> > the
> > > final say in the transaction;
> > >
> > > 2) Seller controlled transactions, where the Seller
will demand the
> > final
> > > say in the transaction.
> > >
> > > Transactions which are driven by consumers include
relatively small
> > value
> > > items with large price mark-ups. With consumer
merchandise, sellers
> > can
> > > accept some charge-backs and bounced checks, and still
make a profit,
> > > because their mark-up is high, and their sales
increase substantially
> > when
> > > they allow the consumer to use his credit card. For
these types of
> > 'soft
> > > money' transactions, people can use credit cards,
personal checks,
> > money
> > > orders, and the new third party payment services, like
PayPal.

> > > However, one would never consider using a credit card
to purchase a
> > new car,
> > > or a house, or to make a payroll, or make a B-2-B
payment. These types
> > of
> > > high-dollar transactions, where the seller cannot
afford to have a
> > payment
> > > reversed, will be controlled by the seller, and he has
a need for
> > 'hard
> > > money' which he can rely on to fulfill the transaction
without the
> > > possibility of a reversal. This is where e-gold comes
in. E-gold is
> > TOO
> > > expensive to be used to purchase consumer merchandise,
and will
> > probably
> > > NEVER be used for this purpose. However, it is PERFECT
for a
> > large-value,
> > > low-markup transaction, and will probably find its
niche here. A
> > consumer
> > > will not want to spend his e-gold on a new toy, but he
will be glad to
> > use
> > > it for a new car, a vacation, perhaps a new house, to
make a payroll,