No I am afraid they would not send a squad car.  When I say "Tax Protester"
I am not referring to people who walk around federal court houses with
signs.  At least those are not the people the IRS is targetting.  I am
talking about people who participate in schemes that the IRS identifies as
criminal conspiracies to defraud the US govt of tax dollars.  When they hit
they hit hard because they don't want to give you time to destroy the
evidence:  wipe a hard drive, destroy backup etc.  Examples of such criminar
conspiracies that the IRS views with disdain are the "America Pure Trusts"
folks.  There are several of them sitting in jail right now and the IRS is
looking for more.

Any tax reduction/avoidance plan that involves kooky legal theories about
the illegality of the tax code, and is based inside the US is unlikely to
get you anything else than a one way ticket to the big house.

>If he was just raided for being a "Tax
>  Protester" I think a simple squad car would have been sent to pick him
up,
>  possibly an IRS Agent or pair of FBI G-men.  I do not claim to be an
expert
>  on Law Enforcement raiding strategy, but it appears to me that if "heaps
of
>  men" DID in fact participate in this raid they were looking for something
>  specific.
>
>      I have lived in this country all my life and find our justice system
>  be a bit whacked at times, but all in all, it has managed to turn this
>  country into one of the world's most desirable places to live.

NO DOUBT MANY FEEL THAT WAY.  UNFORTUNATELY MANY FEEL THAT THEY CAN
DISREGARD THE LAW AND NOT GO TO JAIL.  VERY UNFORTUNATE SINCE THE TAX LAWS
ARE SO EASY TO AVOID WITHOUT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.

Glencannon Group Ltd.
http://www.glencannongroup.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (for a more secure email)
fax: 419-710-4339
_*_*_*_*_
If you found the contents of this email useful to you, and you have an
e-gold account, please feel free to follow this link:
http://www.two-cents-worth.com/?107685&[EMAIL PROTECTED]