> > If all of the gold
> >currencies are compatible with each other, they all have access to the total
> >market.  If they are not compatible, as is the case today, and each try to
> >build their own global market, none of them will be as successful because
> >the market will be fragmented.

> looks to me like there is some oportunity here for some young prodigy to create a
>system that integrates all the gold currencies.
>
>    Khurram Khan

Some young prodigy is already doing just that.  His name is Ian Grigg, and
his company is named Systemics, and the thing that will integrate all the
disparate currencies are Systemics' Ricardo Issuance Server, and Ricardo
Exchange Server.
http://www.systemics.com
All currencies will be easily convertible into all other currencies, via
trading exchanges (Richardo Exchange Server).  There is no need to worry
about how many currencies there are, nor to try to organize the different
currency issuers into a common system.  There is nobody even close to
providing a solution as good as Systemics', and once Systemics' system
gains critical mass (which it will - I give 99% odds on that), all the
different currency issuers will set up Ricardo Issuance Servers, and then
setting up Ricardo Exchange Servers for trading these currencies with
other currencies will be easy.

~ Vincent Youngs