Steven wrote:

> Just humor me, if you will.  I'm new here.
> Perhaps we are not speaking the same language.
> I'm talking about legitimate banking with high returns.
> I'm not sure what this negative feedback is based on.

HYIP is a technical term meaning: investment schemes that are pyramid
scams because their only means of paying "interest" is the new incoming
"savings" paid in by suckers. Consequence: the earlier you get into the
game, the more money you make, but nearly all latecomers are just
flushing their money down the drain.