On Mon, 14 May 2001, C. Cormier - Ormetal Inc. wrote:

> On 14 May 2001, at 17:24, Gerardo S. Esguerra wrote:
>
> > Send the money to get something for nothing is "certainly a scam." Well,
> > isn't this what you do when you invest in stocks, futures, etc.?  ;-)
>
> Hello Gerry...
>
> First...there is no such thing as "Investing in futures"... the futures
> game is speculation.

Sorry for the error.

> Stocks are another thing. But being a successful investor in stocks
> implies a lot of work.

I know a serious investor would do a lot of work, but I doubt if that is
the case with a big majority of stock investors, who, I would think, just
let the analysts or some other persons do the work for them. Many would
just put in money and many have earned without doing work.

My point was that you CAN earn by giving money and doing nothing.

Thanks for your response.

Gerry