:) Thanks, I felt sure that   e-gold was being scapegoated but I needed the
'straight scoop' to inform the group that was told this fiction.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Viking Coder
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 12:58 PM
To: e-gold Discussion
Subject: [e-gold-list] Re: capped accounts

> Eve wrote
> Cayman Money Machine is claiming that they can't payout because egold
won't
> let them

An account with a value-limit can still make spends. They just can't
receive payments which would put their total holdings over a certain limit
until they validate who they are. This ponzi scheme has run out of steam
and is blaming e-gold for it.

> Is this Costa Gold all over again??

No. Costa Gold was an entirely different escapade. One of the Costa Gold
account holders decided to screw the others, and run off with the loot by
doing an OutExchange to Omnipay. However, the others quickly found out and
requested that the gold be put back into their account. Upon receiving
several conflicting orders from the "same" group, Omnipay put the disputed
funds into escrow until the situation got sorted out.

> Whatever happened to the so-called millions withheld by egold from  Costa
> Gold's egold account?

They are still sitting in escrow, waiting for somebody to step forward and
provide the validation to claim them. It isn't e-gold who is withholding
the funds from Costa Gold. It is Omnipay who did the CYA maneuver. (I love
that term)

http://www.e-gold.com/pub-bal.asp?pubid=244983

Viking Coder