> It would seem to me that whoever is recorded on the account as the owner
of
> said account is the  only person's ID that should be required.  If there
is
> only one receiver of such a large amount of money, perhaps that person
too,
> should be required to prove he/she is who he/she says he/she is :)

Costa Gold has made it clear, (from documents that I read on their website a
few months ago), that they do not want to release any personal ID. They say
they have provided incorporation documentation from the company, and that
they have the right NOT to release personal information on any of their
officers. This information can be found on their website here:
http://www.costagold.com/members/main.htm (Then click on Costa Gold, the
Real Story)

> It's hard to believe that in all this time, no one has been forthcoming in
> providing ID with all that money at stake, especially considering the
> interest it is drawing for someone else.

However, it appears that they raised the money under conditions that might
be considered illegal in the US, and it appears that the owners of the
website ARE in the US. So perhaps they are a bit squeamish about being
identified.

SnowDog