From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| This is not sensible, though.
|
| Nothing could be easier than "extracting" (ie, opening your eyes and
| looking at) the output of a keyboard sniffer.
|
| You can, instantaneously, see (say, to make but one example), where
| the word "e-gold" was typed, and then immediately find the account
| number(s) / password(s) after that.
|
| See the example of a keyboard sniffer sniffing myself in the other email.
|
| There is no sense in which you need "a program" to do that, it
| doesn't make any sense.

True, you don't *need* it, but it would be a better solution than a keyboard
sniffer:
- It could extract the exact information - no need to eyeball to output, less
bytes to send (e.g. in a ping packet), account plundering could be automated
- It would work with programs using the automation interface
- Password drag-and-drop programs wouldn't offer added security

Sure, I got carried away with the better technical solution, but for the sake of
your argument there's no need for it.

| ANY of these obviosities is the equivalent of pointing out that
| "reindeer cant fly" --- "global warming" is as ridiculous on as many
| levels as santa claus:

Very well, but aren't you yourself a firm 'charting' believer? From reading
books like 'A Random Walk Down Wall Street' (by Burton Malkiel), I've got the
impression that chartists historically don't manage to outperform the market -
despite their belief they can predict future trends from looking at the charts.
I'm sure 'charting' is so controversial that I could dig up plenty of
documentation supporting the idea that it is humbug.

Perhaps you can disprove that notion, too!

All in good fun,

--Luc