> You missed the point (as usual)...

I realized you probably meant e-gold, but didn't feel like to composing
another message. I have a bad habit of missing the obvious point and
seeing the less obvious, and possibly/usually unintended, points of a
statement or problem. It comes from being a programmer and having to
contort my mind to solve various problems or root out bugs in the code.
This winds up leaving my permanently warped. :)

> e-gold was trying to enforce an exclusive license for themselves to use
> the systemics systems for ny metal backed currency (digigold).

Yet again, a point I must have missed somewhere. I don't remember ever
hearing mention that e-gold had an exlusive license on using systemics for
metal backed currency.

> I was just pushing the thought that now the opportunity may be open for
> goldmoney (or some other gold backed currency) to license the systemics
> technology since it appears e-gold have lost their exclusive rights.

If the code is open for licensing then anybody should be to purchase it.
They don't have to be a GBC. All it requires is to have the backing
available. This could a large sum of e-gold in an account; or GoldMoney,
or both. The new digital bearer currency would then use that account(s) as
the backing.

Viking Coder