"[...] However if you accept, say, wire transfers as a form of payment, or
cash paid in over the counter to one of your bank accounts, I would say it
is non-repudiable anyway. If I pay by check, I think it is reasonable that
someone waits until the check has cleared before providing services. Anyone
who sends counterfeit checks etc to someone who does business on that basis
must be just an idiot and idiot criminals can't represent such a big threat.
"

Having a payment be non-repudiable does not stop a main scam being used
TODAY:

1) Scammer opens a new account on eBay.

2) Scammer sells something very expensive.

3) Scammer sends bank wire instructions to buyer.

4) The bank wire instructions are those of an exchange service.

5) Scammer contacts exchange service and orders e-gold, identifying himself
as his eBay buyer.

6) Bank wire arrives at exchange service, and e-gold is sent to scammer.

7) After a few weeks of non-delivery, buyer contacts police and sends them
to exchange service.

I think the only way that e-gold can be safely sold anonymously, is if the
buyer pays for it anonymously.

SnowDog