--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  > http://biz.yahoo.com/p/y/yhoo.html. Stock prices are NEGOTIABLE -
> if
> > you want to buy the enterprise you offer to buy the stock for
> whatever
> > you PERCIEVE is a fair value. If others won't sell to you, they
> > PERCIEVE the value to be higher - it is ALL just smoke and mirrors.
>
> Yes, exactly. The median at which people will actually BUY and others
> will
> SELL is the market value.

Now you are getting it, it is the "market value" of the SHARES, and has
nothing (directly) to do with the value of the enterprise.

> Just like with gold, just like with used
> cars,just like with caviar... you name it.

No, here you are wrong again, it is not just the same as a solid
commodity like gold or used cars.

> Who cares what people perceive if they don't act on their
perceptions.

That's just the point, they DO act on their perceptions, that is why
the share price IS NOT the true value of the enterprise. It is the
investors' perceived value, which is what I said right from the start.