Hi, Patrik

> I have during the past months been trying to find gold backed
currencys
> strength.
>
> so far i have found :
>
> * Real time transfer

It's a real-time transfer of so to say 'derivative value' so there
always must be a junction between banking system and e-currency system,
exchange providers are just a sluice-gate in between. In my humble
opinion it has to start working really FAST (in real-time) before
e-currencies will be able to compete with bank moneys. Then e-currencies
will have a real advantage.

> * Real time verification
> * Hard currency backed - the gold

In fact not all of them are 'backed', some of them (guess which one?)
are somewhat beneficial interest in trust created somewhere by somebody,
which is a bit different fiduciary arrangement.

> But it also has its weaknesses --
>
> * Hard to FUND a account - customer has to GO to a MM

See the remark beyond.

> * Not integrated in existing banking systems

There is no need in integration, we all definitely need real-time
exchange facilities.

> * No  "flexible" shopping online and offline
>
> - i would like to bring up a discussion on HOW we can evolve gold
backed
> currencies to something the big industys can use....
>
> *Any ideas ????

Yes! There is an idea of how the situation will change in future. In
fact the central question of all e-money systems is: when the businesses
or Ayn-Rand-style entrepreneurs will be ready to sell their productivity
for e-currencies. It's that simple. Money system has to accumulate
productivity inside it, and then it will grow. Don't think I'm an
admirer of Ayn Rand, it's just one of her points that obviously IS an
ultimate truth.

The question arises: how to attract entrepreneurship and productivity
inside e-money systems? The answer is also very simple: just give them a
chance. It means that all automation interfaces MUST be simple, unified
as much as possible and open; the transaction fee for automated payments
must be lower than for those made 'by hand', not 3% for API usage when
'simple mortal' gets 0% keying his password. Then the turnover period
for e-money can be made (by entrepreneurs, not by the act of God) much
higher and this will be attractive.

Yours, Sincerely              Alexander V. Fedotov