> * Hard to FUND a account - customer has to GO to a MM

It's not so hard; you can even do it with a credit card at some MMs. But
it's MUCH more expensive than making a deposit in a regular bank account.
And it takes more time.

> * Not integrated in existing banking systems

You can integrate it through a Market Maker, or a Standard Reserve debit
card. But this is also more expensive than a regular debit card linked to
a bank account. And you need an intermediary to transfer your money from
e-gold to a bank.

> * No  "flexible" shopping online and offline

If you're trying to buy something from someone that doesn't accept e-gold
(Most merchants don't) there's absolutely NO shopping. If you use an
intermediary you would have to pay:

1. The product's cost.
2. The percentage charged by the intermediary.
3. Shipping and handling.

Point 2 is what nobody likes.

> - i would like to bring up a discussion on HOW we can evolve gold backed
> currencies to something the big industys can use....
>
> *Any ideas ????

Yes. GBCs would be really popular:

1. If you could buy at ANY shop that accepts credit cards, online and
offline.

A nice solution would be something like what's offered at
http://www.now1card.com but with gold instead of US$. I mean: a debit card
for ATMs AND for shopping.

2. If you could draw cheques from your e-gold account. Many people use
cheques as a preferred payment method.

3. If you would go to any exchange-office in the World and buy or sell
e-gold at a REASONABLE rate.

4. If we could hear about e-gold and other GBCs on TV and other media. Ask
anyone here in Argentina about e-gold and nobody knows what it is. GBCs
need MUCH more publicity.

5. If MMs would lower the fees. For example: I don't own a bank account,
so I can't send a wire transfer. If I want to buy e-gold, I would have to
pay:

   1. For a Moneygram or Western Union money order.
   2. The Market Maker's percentage.

And sending cashier's cheques by mail is really slow. If they ever arrive.

6. What about deposits? You should be able to go to an ATM and make a
direct deposit to your e-gold account.

Just suggestions...

Alexis.
http://www.RestYourEyes.com

Did you know that e-metal is a wonderful holiday gift? Avoid the hassle this year!