> I'm not going to go on about this (any more), but I'm sure that
YahooGroups
> and almost every other mailing list system has been well and truly trawled
> for e-mail addresses (from the "From" header, not the Reply-to) by
spammers.

How come the only spam I get comes through to the email address I use here?
The 'From' header also contains the list address on most lists, even though
the 'From Name' is set to the original poster.

No mailing list should be giving out my personal email address. I used to
think this was less important, since email addresses can be changed.
However, I've come to realized that email addresses become your key to your
internet accounts. If I lose my key email address, then I can potentially
lose access to dozens of accounts at different organizations, IF I lose my
password, and they can't contact me to send another.

So I have to combat dozens of spam emails sent to this email address every
day.

Craig