Dear Michael,

I have some comments.

>The fact that there is a flourishing activity in swapping between gold and
>digital currencies between market makers does not indicate a shortage of any
>form.  In fact it indicates an increase in the movement between digital and
>gold currencies only.

There is indeed a flourishing activity in such digital currency
exchanges. However, I think there may be some misunderstanding. Perhaps
there is not a shortage of demand, but there is a problem with the
current e-gold structure that is preventing some cambios from bailing in
bars of gold into the e-gold system at a reasonable rate.

>The statements, overt or covert to the effect that e-gold or any gold
>currency is suffering a shortage are entirely false.

When you say "shortage", what do you mean? If by that you mean a shortage
of demand, then you are correct and there is no such shortage. However, I
think some would say there is a shortage in the means to obtain e-gold.
It is very hard to obtain e-gold, relative to obtaining other digital
gold currencies - for large transactions such as those cambios would perform.

Example, I want to bail in a bar to the GoldMoney system. Very easy. I
want to bail in a bar to e-gold. Much harder.

Regards,
Tristan Petersen
Gold Barter Holdings
http://goldbarterholdings.com/