Dale shalom,

> Paypal has some wonderful features for auctions though

PayPal is a tool for people without a merchant account for accepting credit
cards.

> and given that ebay
> now owns Paypal they won't let anyone else do it I imagine unless e-gold
> paid them a lot.

I disagree. We see auctions on Ebay using E-Gold and other e-currencies.
It's upon the auctioneer to decide which payment process be used.

Both sellers and buyers in auctions need a trusted environment. In this
regard I was asked by Jim Ray, to let everyone know that I$ has an escrow
service (http://internetdollar.com/escrow.html).
An escrow service can enhance the trusted environment between unknown
seller(s) and buyer(s).

    Schenkler - Chief Money Maker
   Internet Dollar electronic money system - http://InternetDollar.com