Graham, you proved my point for a need of a seamless credit card exchange service in
your reply. If you have more orders charged out at 15% than you do for standard gold
currency exchanges at 5% then the need is their for a more economical gold backed
service which has Credit Card capablities but some kind of safeguard against fraud.

I know 15% rate pays for your excellent DD crews work, but 95% of the users of Credit
Cards out there will choke on paying that (especially since they are the ones who wont
defraud the system but want to pay just because of ease of use).

Many people using gold backed currencies are looked upon as also high possible fraud
related risks as well - sounds stupid as we know no chargebacks makes your money safe
but it also scares a hell of a lot of people off to know there is no guarantees on
there funds within there account from hackers, other programs, false auctions and
worst of all - dishonest admin/CEO's.

It is not the currency that is fraud but rather than a lot of the clientele - and
having a non repudiable system is the bees knees as we know but it also would open the
floodgates for so many court cases against any larger merchant if they decided to
operate that way. (eg PayPal if they sudenly stated NO chargebacks to any client).

Even though 100 orders a day will keep you busy, to get gold currencies mainstream
this would have to be multiplied by thousands of orders per day. People just wont
change from CC and Paypal as it is to hard and to costly to currently use exchange
services and gold accounts (for the 99% of the market currently enjoying CC and
PayPal). Most people are impulse buyers on the net, they dont want to submit ID, send
documents, go to their banks etc to wire funds...credit cards have it all over gold
currencies in this area.
Even though it only takes a minute to setup a gold currency acount, it still then
takes time and understanding to deposit.

If someone came along with a fooproof cost effective mix of PayPal and e-gold then
wouldnt that be a wonderful thing. Then again, the marketing and the client database
of users plays a huge role in success...just get Paypal to start one, then the gold
economy will be absolutely smoken...