> > Oh, you could create repudiable e-gold for example.
>
> An interesting idea.
>
> You can use, for example, I$ escrow system....
> ((http://internetdollar.com/escrow.html), which, no body uses....) or any
> other escrow service.

Internetdollar is not gold backed isn't it?
Repudiable dollars are already there, creditcards and paypal for example..
So why people would choose internetdollar, which has a rather small user base
compared to cc and pp..

But a repudiable gold backed currency is not yet there.

> It seems to me that no body cares.
>
> It seems to ne that there is very little activity with e-gold for buying
> purposes.

This is because e-gold is strictly non repudiable only.
Are you going to send e-gold (or any other non repudiable payment) to somebody you
don't know, in a different country from yours, as payment for some beautiful stuff
you bought in an online auction?
And then pray to god he will send you the goods??
That's hilarious.
Same goes for buying stuff on a beautiful website.

Repudiable payments have always been the norm in dealings between parties that don't
know each other.
Non-repudiable payment is rather the exception, for example when it is payment
between parties that know and trust each other, or when there is immediate delivery
of the goods when the payment is made.

If you are importing goods form China, you will not send them money right away , do
you?
You will put the money with your bank, which issues a letter of credit, and only
releases the money after the goods are delivered and found to be all right.
This is an example of repudiable payment.
If the goods do not come or are damaged or not according to the agreed
specifications, the money will not go to the seller.

Creditcards and Paypal offer the same protection to their clients, they have filled
this need in retail sales dealings.

On the net you are frequently dealing with unknown counterparties in unknown (or
uncertain) locations.
Non-repudiable payments is not a realistic option in these cases.
Repudiable is the only way you can work on the net in 95% of business.

There is a far bigger market for repudiable payments than for non repudiable.
Creditcards have of course already taken up on it, but because merchant accounts are
still difficult to get for people in many countries, and their fees are pretty high
as well, there is probably good opportunity for a gold backed repudiable payment
system.
The first one to start it properly will probably take the cake.
I am too lazy to start on it.

Regards,

Danny