A friend of mine and I discussed a similar topic years ago about how the grocery store
chains could succeed with an automated
delivery service. One of the topics was locked coolers on the outside of a house like
a large mailbox.

The delivery driver would have essentially held a key with that digitally interfaced
with the box to digitally verify it.

So naturally this led to a discussion about encrypted keys and how it can be extended
into the real world to do things like deliver
the mail. The thing with a digitally encrypted mailbox is that you don't need to be
there to sign for a package. The postman can
prove delivery confirmation through the keys signature and time stamp.

This might upset people who value their privacy though... but they will find another
way of course and someone like us would just
anonymize the keys :-)

I think this idea can be applied to so many things I am suprised no one like verisign
has made a move into the real world yet.

Gordon H.
www.katzglobal.com
Anonymous Hosting(tm) Solutions