> Adam, it seems to me you are looking FOR all the "usual" features
> that are offered in shares.

No, we are looking for the features THEY have set for their shares.
If you want to buy something you'll usually want a desciption of what is
being offered to you.
Because in the normal world you can have all kinds of shares, I will need to
know the specifics about the shares before I can consider to buy them.

Before I agree to buy a truckload of apples I will want to know how many kg
, what color, taste, quality the apples have, how old they are,
etc...

There is some basic information that cannot be ommitted when you offer
something for sale.

TGC is trying to sell something but they are not describing the product.

> I don't see any a priori reason that a
> company has to (example) publish their historical net income as part
> of the private contract of them selling shares (Craig can call them
> something else - that's fine) of some particular type to whoever they
> want to.
>
> Why should they, as you say, publish their historical net income?
>
> What's wrong with letting the market decide?

You are right, the company has no obligation to publish anything.
But, in absence of vital information (for whatever good reason they might
come up with), the market will set a huge risk premium on their shares.
And that means that they have to sell their shares far below their real
market value inorder to find investors who are willing to take the risk.
Why would they want to sell 10% of the company for 40 kg , if it is really
worth 400 kg, again I don't believe in charity here.

So, either they have no idea about economics, or there is something to hide
in their numbers.
Maybe the business is not as big as many seem to believe...

> The current stock "industry" in 1st world countries is a farse, so if
> the idea is "share issues should include [example] include historical
> net income information" because that's how it's done on NYSE / or
> that's how it's done under German bourse regulations, that's not much
> of an argument

I am pretty sure if the current stock industry was to work under the system
TGC is launching here, it would be even more of a farse.
How many more Enrons and Worldcoms you would have, because in absence of any
financial numbers to be published, the manangements can get away with
anything they want...?

> >Secondly, they have not demonstrated any purpose for raising such capital
> >other than as a publicity stunt.
>
> A publicity "stunt," what's more important than publicity?  (Can
> anyone think of anything?)  That may very well be excatly why it was
> done.

Again this argument doesn't cook well here.
You are right, many companies see their public shares as a way of publicity.
For example people holding Apple shares are more likely to buy an Apple
computer, because they rightly figure that it will help their shares.

I would have accepted this argument if TGC had issued 400000 shares instead
of 400.
But a few hundred people holding TGC stocks is not going to have any
significant publicity effect.

> Who cares about all the expectations
> of what "shares" should and shouldn't have?

Who cares if the car has a steering wheel?

> So anyway the question is, why are TGC shares a runaway success?
>
> Is it the case that there are people with e-gold DESPERATE to invest
> it in anything half decent and seemingly reputable --- ie, we will
> now see a LOT of capital raising in the gold universe??

Yes, I am going to be the next one.

The offer is very similar to TGC.
You can buy shares in my real estate project.
I'll be issuing 400 shares to the public, there will be 4000 shares
outstanding.
The project is in a very good location and will have steady increasing
rental income.
For privacy reasons I can't tell you where it is and how big it is, but you
can trust me.
An inittial 7.2% annual dividend will be paid... he he

> What, specifically, is the secret to this success?  Is it just
> because its the first visible, loud, share issue in IG?  (ie it could
> have been anyone?)
>
> What's the story here?

It is the story of greed, nothing new under the sun.

Danny