> >Incidentally, you're somewhat correct -- they might be asking a
> >ridiculously low price of only 40,000 grams for 10% of the company.
>
> Right.

They might also be asking a ridiclously HIGH price ..
In absence of numbers we cannot judge it.

> >   For example, do you think the principals would sell 100% of the
> >company for 400,000 grams?  I doubt it -- what's that, less than $5
> >million for the whole company?
>
> inconceivable, unless they are utter fools

We have no way to know whether TGC is worth $50 million or only $500000

> Well i really only care about the dividend.  if the dividend
> quadruples in a decade or whatever to 2.5 g, I will get 100 grams per
> month from my 40 shares!  (I guess 2.5 g is a magic number for me
> then! :) )

What if the dividend is lowered or slashed altogether...?
People seem to assume that the dividend can only be adjusted upward..

Danny