It is in the Chanterelle edition.

> I saw the Regondi picture in an edition of his studies oe selected
> facsimiles about ten years ago. Chanterelle? Orphee Editions? Can't
remember
> now... He was young at that time, a teenager I guess.

He was at the age of 8. Younger than we were when we started... The picture
says: 'Ai-je bien joue?....'

Sor pinkie, indeed! Funny.

The 'Sor pinkie' is not always too well understood, nowadays. In the English
translation (1830) of his Methode we can read (on p. 33):

'Sometimes I employ the little finger, pressing it perpendicularly on the
sounding-board below the first string, but take care to raise it as soon as
it ceases to be necessary. The necessity for that support arises from
passages requiring great velocity of the thumb to pass from base notes to
those of an intermediate part, whilst the first and second fingers are
occupied in completing the fraction of the measure in triplets, or
otherwise, when I could never be certain of keeping my fingers exactly
opposite their respective strings: the little finger then retains my whole
hand in position, and I have only to attend to the motions of the thumb;
but, as soon as my hand can properly keep its position without that support,
I cease to use it, in order that the elevation of the lower part of the hand
may allow me to attack the strings with the fingers curved the least
possible.'

The last part makes clear that his position probably was quite different
from what most lutenists do.

Lex