I hope we will always be friendly to each other on this list and elsewhere,
Krzysztof, and I really hope we do meet someday and play Sor and Aguado
parts together! That would be fun. You are welcome to visit me in Scotland
anytime! Where do you live?

I am amazed at how many people contribute to these lists (early-guitar,
vihuela, lute, baroque-lute, etc) who do not speak English as their first
language. I am full of admiration for you all, and I am deeply sorry to say
that I can only speak English. So please do not feel scared to express
yourself, just because you might offend. I will try harder to understand
you.

>>>I do esteem Chris Wilson very much. I think he is a great musician and
his statements should always be taken into account.
I started to think now, and hope you would help me here, if this is somehow
related with the fact that lute has double courses, and guitar is single
strung (except for baroque and earlier models of course)?<<<<

You are right. Double courses are harder to play well, so maybe six years is
long but necessary. But I did not mean to be so precise in saying how long
it takes to adapt a modern guitar technique to Sor's technique, but it is
taking me a few years...but I might be slow. Another point is that there is
no such thing as a single 'lute technique', and we must remember that Sor
would have started his early guitar life playing a double-course instrument,
and that his Method was written near the end of his career. It can be a
confusing study.

Rob