On Aug 29, 2006, at 11:25 AM, Howard Posner wrote

> ...I suspect
> that's the case with a lot of singers today: assume that to be
> audible,
> you have to sing as loud as you can sing without losing your voice,
> and
> let the conductor tell if you need to come down in volume.

A rare occurrence!

> Audiences
> and critics who thrill to big voices will love you for it

It seems that in all areas of classical singing except early-music
purism, having a "big voice" is considered part of a singer's musical
talent.  One soprano in I know in DC has a website on which she's
praised by some reviewer as being "the Steinway of sopranos."  Yikes...

David R
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.rastallmusic.com