Hi Kenneth,

Kenneth Hoste writes:

> How did you fix the problems you were running into?

You did ;)  Your addition to the wrf easyblock did the trick for me.  At
least with intel/2016a.  I still cannot build WRF with foss, but that's
another issue, as the existing WRF-3.6/foss also doesn't build on my
machine.  I'll report the issue next week, I guess, but as I have a
working WRF now, it's not high on my priority list.  And since you don't
seem to have general problems with WRF, I suppose it's somehow related
to my machine.

>>    Now I want to
>> run WRF-Chem, and if I understand the documentation correctly, this is
>> done by
>>
>> a) extracting an additional source tarball into the WRFV3 directory
>> b) setting some environment variables telling WRF to include the
>>     chemistry code
>>
>> Does EasyBuild foresee a mechanism to extend easyconfigs, so that I can
>> build on the existing WRF easyconfig?  Or do I have to make a seperate
>> WRF-Chem easyconfig by copy-pasting and amending the existing WRF?
>
> There's no "include" or "extend" mechanism for easyconfigs, no. I like
> the idea though...
>
> We've discussed something like this in the past (cfr.
> https://github.com/hpcugent/easybuild-framework/issues/544), but what
> you're asking here is sort of different.
>
> So, you should either create a WRF-Chem easyconfig (and maybe easyblock
> too, depends), or just enhance the existing WRF easyconfig/easyblock to
> include WRF-Chem.
>
> I'm not sure if the latter would actually make any sense though...

Actually, I think it would.  I'll look into extending the existing wrf
easyblock, and introduce a boolean config value `build_chemistry` or the
like in the easyconfig, defaulting to `False`.

Have a nice week-end,
  Andreas.

--
Dr. Andreas Hilboll

Center for Marine Environmental Sciences (MARUM)
                    - AND -
    Institute of Environmental Physics (IUP)

University of Bremen

U3145
Otto-Hahn-Allee 1
D-28359 Bremen