Yes, when I tried it icc and ifort worked fine, the problem was that the
components for impi/imkl were not specified so you ended up installing the
entire package in each case. If you knew the right components to install it
should work fine (and I guess Andreas must have figured out what those are).

On 4 January 2017 at 11:24, Ward Poelmans
<wpoel...@gmail.com<mailto:wpoel...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On 04-01-17 11<tel:04-01-17%2011>:01, Kenneth Hoste wrote:

> On 04/01/2017 02:41, Jack Perdue wrote:
>> On 01/03/2017 06:55 PM, Exequiel SepĂșlveda wrote:
>>>
>>> 1.- Why are GCC and binutils needed on the easyconfigure file
>>> intel-2017.00.eb
>>
>> See other response.  Additionally, the Intel compilers depend
>> upon an underlying GCC (with its own underlying binutils),
>> so needs to be included.

Correct. For example, to use C++11, you need a recent GCC version. So we
let Easybuild control everything.

>>> 2.- Because I have only a big tar.gz file with Intel Cluster Edition,
>>> how could I separate the required parts to use easyconfigs file for
>>> icc, ifort, imkl, etc.
>>
>> You need to download all the individual, offline, downloads
>> for the different packages from the Intel site, not the great big one.
>
> This is the current situation, indeed, but we can work out a way to
> install icc, ifort, impi and imkl from the single big .tar.gz.

Well, actually it should work (but I haven't tried it).

We specify the list of components for icc and ifort so even if you use
the big tarball, it should just install what is needed.

Ward

--
Dr. Alan O'Cais
E-CAM Software Manager