From: <easybuild-requ...@lists.ugent.be> on behalf of "Mr. Joseph John"
<jose...@rajagiritech.edu.in>
Date: Friday, November 10, 2017 at 5:01 AM
To: "easybuild@lists.ugent.be" <easybuild@lists.ugent.be>
Subject: [easybuild] installing octave

Hi,
     I am new to EasyBuild.  I tried installing Octave using the command :

      eb Octave-4.0.3-intel-2016b.eb --try-toolchain=intel,2017a -dr
I keep getting the error

ERROR: Failed to process easyconfig
/tmp/jobs/snow/2537/eb-Q5M8UC/tweaked_dep_easyconfigs/cURL-7.49.1-intel-2017a.eb:
 One or more OS dependencies were not found: [('openssl-devel', 'libssl-dev',
'libopenssl-devel')]
snow@sny02:/sNow/easybuild/software/EasyBuild/3.2.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/easybuild_easyconfigs-3.2.1-py2.7.egg/easybuild/easyconfigs/o/Oc
tave$
      Then I installed openssl and libssl (that too using EasyBuild) and I
still get the error. We use single image provisioning in the compute nodes. The
software suite used in Snow! from HPCNow!.
       How do I solve this issue?

Joseph John
Assistant Professor
Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology
https://josephjohnjj.github.io/

dispose of the e-mail.