Hi Mikael,

On 12 April 2018 at 16:53, Mikael Öhman <micket...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It seems to be that there is a consensus that moving the path extension to
> iccifort would be the solution for the core issue here?
> I.e.
> 1. Move the path extension to iccifort

Yes, this is what we do.

> 2. Have the intel module load iccifort instead of icc and ifort
> independently

We also do this BUT you must also have icc and ifort included as
dependencies otherwise things currently fail. I can't remember the details
of why but I know that there is an implicit requirement for icc/ifort to be
present in the intel easyconfig.

> I don't think hiding icc or ifort would be required as long as they don't
> have the path extension.
> I think this could be introduced into the standard HMNS without harming
> backwards compatibility at all.

You can't introduce a change into the intel easyconfig that is just for
HMNS, we would have to branch off for that. The real solution would be to
bundle icc/ifort at install time, I really can't see a good reason to keep
them separate (after X years there's still no toolchain that mixes Intel C
with a fortran compiler from another source). With that approach iccifort
becomes a compiler rather than a toolchain and all our troubles are over.
We'd have to vote on that one though...

Alan