I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you shouldn't talk about policy; it's just 
that I have a hard time understanding that sort of stuff unless I can 
relate it to local issues, examples, etc.  :-)


> For lawn business.  There is a woman who planted beautiful wild flowers 
on her
>yard. Her yard        attracted not only many nature lover visitors but 
also a
>police officer.  She is told that she violates the city ordinance that 
the
>hight of grass should be less than 5 inches in order to keep the 
consistent
>historical aesthecity through out the neighbourhood.
>

Now, this I can relate to!  I had (stress *HAD*) a compost pile for my 
garden -- with lawn clippings, kitchen scraps, etc.  My earthworms and my 
garden loved it!  Only we were told that the compost pile had to go 
because you "cannot store garbage on the property."  Try explain a compost 
pile to someone who doesn't understand.  It wasn't very pretty, but it was 
very functional.  My solution (and I hope it works!) is to build a good 
size box and drill air holes in the side.  Paint the box the color of our 
shed.  Line the inside with chicken wire, etc, transplant some earthworms, 
and hope it works!  We'll have to water it and stuff because we'll have to 
have a lid on it.  I hope that it blends in enough to look like a storage 
bin, etc.  We'll see.  I haven't gotten to build it with all the school 
work I've had as of late (14 credits).

Peace,

Mary
-------------------------------------
Name: mary hallock morris
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mary hallock morris)
Date: 07/09/95
Time: 18:00:39

Grad student: The McGregor School of Antioch U.
              Yellow Springs, Ohio
majoring in Community and Environmental Ed.           

"In Nature, Nothing Exists Alone."  -- Rachel Carson

This message was sent by Chameleon 
-------------------------------------

Reply via email to