[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<from Kelly O'Brien    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-------------------
| Call for Papers |
-------------------

||         trans/forms
||Insurgent Voices in Education

The Spring 1996 issue of trans/forms, "Constructions of
Knowledge/Activations of Desires will consider the knowledges that get
produced in institutional sites such as the family, law, academia,
medicine, popular culture. We are interested in submissions that explore
the social, historical, economic, political conditions under which
knowledge gets produced; who and what influence these conditions; the
effects of subject location(s) on knowledge production, how knowledge
production informs/constructs different subject positions; how and why
bodies have been theorized in the aforementioned sites; how knowledge
about bodies is organized, authorized, and marginalized; how cultural and
institutional sites construct and regulate articulations of bodily desire;
how desire is silenced/punished in knowledge production, the kinds of
investments and desires that mobilize, and are mobilized in the
production of knowledge.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

|* knowledge as a site of resistance
|* embodying desire/representing desire
|* 'experience' as a site of knowledge
|* the politics of (re)presentation (eg. as related to AIDS)
  |* marginalized sites of knowledge (eg. queer studies, postcolonial
|  theory, anti-racist pedagogy)
|* desiring education/(re)educating desire
|* subaltern bodies/ social spaces

We welcome essays, short fiction, poetry, book/art reviews, autobiography,
(maximum 2000 words) and visual works. Please submit 4 copies of work
(including one on disk) in APA format for peer review to:

|||trans/forms
|Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE)
|          University of Toronto
||Suite 8-105, 252 Bloor St. W.
||   Toronto, Ont., Canada
||         M5R 1V5
|   e-mail inquiries to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|     DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: OCTOBER 15, 1995

trans/forms, a graduate student journal issued out of the Ontario
Institute for Studies in Education, publishes original, refereed works on
a broad range of issues in the area of transformative education. It
provides a forum for addressing relations of so cial difference as they
inform educational theory and practice. trans/forms welcomes submissions
dealing with all areas of education for social and global justice
including First Nations politics, feminism, post-colonialism, anti-racism,
Afrocentrism, anti-ableism, class politics, lesbian and gay politics,
community activism, popular education, media and cultural studies,
critical global education, and critical pedagogy.