Wendee asks:

> Does anyone know of any prominent historians of science, maybe someone who
> specifically focuses on the whole history of the evolution/creation
> controversy? I want to find someone well known - maybe who has gotten some
> media coverage - but it not being my field I really have no idea. I can do a
> google search but that won't really tell me that. Ideally they would be in
> the US but not absolutely necessary.

One person who is quite excellent is Edward J. Larson, University of Georgia,
Athens. You can listen to him here:

  http://www.sciencefriday.com/pages/2004/May/hour2_052104.html

His contact information is:

  http://www.law.uga.edu/academics/profiles/larson.html

Surprisingly, his day job is as a law professor, but don't let that dissuade
you. He has several books on Amazon.com and he has won the Pulitzer Prize for
his writing.

Wirt Atmar