Wendee,

I would propose Michael Ruse, whom I was fortunate enough to have as a
professor one semester while he still taught at the University of Guelph
(Ontario, Canada).  Currently, he teaches at Florida State University and
has focused a lot of his career on the philosophy and history of science.
He has written several books on the whole evolution/creation/Darwinism
topic, and I've seen him on TV and heard him on the radio.  I found his
FSU website for your interest:

http://www.fsu.edu/~philo/new%20site/staff/ruse.htm
(see especially his CV including books published)

Hope this helps!

Kristina Pendergrass
Research Associate,
Scott-Ritchey Research Center