At 02:39 AM -0400 5/8/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>How can we teach critical thinking without offering different views to
>consider?  And, the exercise loses its meaning if we are intent on  telling the
>student there can be only one right answer, which he has to get from  the
>instructor.

Evolution science is hardly a monolithic singularity.  There's lots of debate
and disagreement, and lots of scope to teach critical thinking.

Besides, there are actual facts in nature--however contestable they may be.
There's a reason why "what" questions are distinct from "how" and "why"
questions.

Cheers,
-
  Ashwani
     Vasishth            [EMAIL PROTECTED]          (818) 677-6137
                     http://www.csun.edu/~vasishth/
            http://www.myspace.com/ashwanivasishth