Hi Bob,

Can you please cite some numbers to back up your claim? 30 MPG is pretty
good (although old cars tend to be worse from the point of view of toxic
emissions), but every examination I've seen of the question of whether the
improved efficiency of a hybrid offsets the C emissions due to its
manufacture has concluded that the hybrid is better than keeping the old
car. (I guess that might not be true if you do very little driving.)

Jane

--
Jane Shevtsov

"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the
sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into
the world to enjoy." --Plutarch, c.46-c.120 AD