To: <ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 2:06 AM
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] Gallup poll on evolution

When I studied genetics I learned that natural mutations were largely random. The creationists' scorn of improving a watch by a random change is strong. I would like to see studies showing how environmental parameters can direct chromosomal changes so that they are not random and that adaptation will occur and makes sense. Without such demonstration, we are all asked to "believe" evolution.

I don't work in this field and may have missed such reports but I have not seen them.

--
Michael Harvey
Victoria, BC