From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:ecolo...@listserv.umd.edu] On Behalf Of Wayne Tyson
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:08 AM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] Are humans part of nature?

What evidence is there that demonstrates that humans are not part of Nature?
(But I see the "hook" in this kind of question, commonly employed to validate
some cockamamie theory in the mind of some true believers. Let them come with
their theories. Let there be light.)

Can man live by aphorism alone?

WT

"In the heart of the city I have heard the wild geese crying on the pathways
that lie over a vanished forest. Nature has not changed the force that drives
them. Man, too, is a different expression of that natural force. He has fought
his way from the sea's depths to Palomar Mountain. He has mastered the plague.
Now, in some final Armageddon, he confronts himself." --[anthropologist] Loren
Eiseley, "The Invisible Pyramid"