One of the goals of Ecology is to study the relationship between living beings
and their environment and humans fit fully to this.
 To my understanding, the idea that humans are someting appart is an european
idea (my apologies to europeans, nothing personal). Ancient greeks classified
living beings into something like the plant-, animal- and human kingdom. Even
worse, humans being "not like we the greeks" were considered "barbarians", a
kind of "sub-humans", like saying "wild animals". Until today, many countries
study the "History of Mankind" but it is just a History of Europe. No space to
give many history- and current examples of people thinking like this, many of
them ruling powerful countries.
 Religions like the ones asking Evolution lessons to include The Bible added
another dimension: they are the ones thinking that a God made humans following
His template. I'm not so sure on the quality of such a template, probably some
humans made God according to their own template just to say that they are
outside Nature. Fortunately, many current Anthropologist do not loose time
arguing on it.
  Two Sciences contributed greatly to Anthropology to become mature:
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. On my opinion, any practicer of such
sciences thinking that humans are something appart of nature must
forget about Science and become priests.
 Yours,

Edgardo I. Garrido-Pérez
Goettingen University, Germany