From: Jonathan Miles Adams <jonad...@snu.ac.kr>
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] M.S. -- is it useful?
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 6:00 AM

Generally given the bad job situation it is a good idea to start thinking
'outside the box'. There are more and more jobs in Asia for qualified people
from the Western countries, as universities seek to expand their international
faculty and to emphasize science lecturing in English. My guess is that at
least some mainly teaching universities would take master's degree, at least
for temporary positions. Anyway if you have a PhD there are definitely much
better opportunities here at the big research universities. The research
funding situation is also far better than in USA and Europe where people are
scrambling for every last peanut.

You never know, you might actually enjoy a change of culture and environment!

  Jonathan Adams