Exactly how are these stories "sensational."  Is there anything in them that is
not factual?  I realize that more recent work on corn pollen and monarchs has
led to different understandings.  However, how is the report here
sensationalized?  I am particularly puzzled by your giving the Cal Poly work on
monarchs as an example of a sensationalized report.  Goodness, a scientist
works with a group of undergraduate students, following up on work done by a
now retired professor, to learn more about monarch populations.  I suppose that
is the sensational aspect, that undergraduates are working on something they
find interesting, that is worth investigating, and that may lead to better
conservation of western monarch populations.

Tyrone Hayes work with atrazine and frog development is given substantial
credence by knowledgeable folks in the field.  It seems reasonable for his
university to put out a story about it, highlighting some of the findings.

mcneely

--
David McNeely