Christopher, when I was teaching, I carried a professional liability rider on
my home owner's policy.  I also was covered by my state chapter of the NEA, the
Texas Faculty Association, when I worked in Texas.  I also made it a point each
semester to get a copy of the university statement on university liability from
the university's Business Affairs division.  Like all such statements, it was
written by lawyers and contained a lot of weaseling, but I ran it by my own
lawyer, and I felt covered, even if a student chose to do something not a part
of the curriculum.

Given the nature of field work, I always wanted to make sure.

mcneely

--
David McNeely