Thanks for this.

We seem to agree on quite a lot.

However, I seek to persuade people in my books that the extinction of the
human species would ultimately lead to the extinction of all life on Earth,
rather than a new era of evolution (although my view is compatible with a
very short new era followed by total extinction).

I should point out that my claim that the human species is the pinacle of
the evolutionary progression of life on Earth has to do with its position
in the evolutionary process rather than to do with "unique
characteristics". All species have unique characteristics and there might
be species of non-human Earthly life which are more intelligent than humans.

Best

Neil

http://neilpaulcummins.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.cranmorepublications.co.uk/73