Hi Simone,

I took my daughter to a workshop/fieldwork in Guatemala (she was five
months), and then Florida (eight months) - while doing my PhD, it requires
a bit of organization but as long as you have plenty of fluids, formula,
diapers, sun screen, repellent (and some other small things - in my
daghter's case a couple of pacifiers), I think it's totally doable.

What you need to think is that you want to reduce the weight somehow,
because I'm assuming you're taking her in some kind of baby bjorn thing...
therefore, think that you'll have a backpack (on your back) and your kid
(in front of you)... - I'm assuming here and in my case I really liked
having her in front of me so I could control whatever could happen to her...

The problem there is basically the water, which really increases the
difficulty in any type of movement (going up/down), and when hiking, you
need plenty of fluids so you might want to have someone helping you carry
stuff around, maybe you can involve someone else in your project?

Regarding the rest I will say just this... A few days ago, I showed my four
year old a picture of her sleeping on me (she was like 16 months old),
while I was reading a paper (I was writing one of the chapters of my
dissertation), I explained to her what I was doing and while I was thinking
how exhausted (and honestly horrible) I looked in that picture, she said:
"I'm very proud of you mommy" - that was priceless.

Good luck Simone!

Eimy