I think that the lack of a response is because there is no clear established
rule about either but I suspect that folks have replied to Huang off list.
Without academic references to back it up (I'm busy grading at the end of the
semester) I will give two short answers based on what I have always been taught
and used myself.

1. Invasive species are generally considered native when there are endemics
that specialize on the invasive species. An example would be Larrea tridentata
which is a relative newcomer to North America, having hitched a ride on
migrating birds from S. America in the last 20,000-30,000 years and then
rapidly spread throughout its current range.
2. Natives can be considered noxious (http://plants.usda.gov/java/noxiousDriver
) but the term invasive is generally not applied to natives. You have probably
heard the term noxious weed before. This label is used regardless of the recent
origin of the species. On a government policy level, the label "invasive" is
restricted to non-natives (http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/whatis.shtml ).

-Erin

Erin E. O'Brien, Ph.D.

Department of Biological Sciences