In Illinois we used to go to old abandoned cemeteries to look for
prairie plants.
These "family cemeteries" were rather common and were seldom larger
than a typical backyard.  But they often had many rare prairie plants
that managed to tweak out an existence there.

I have forgotten when or where, but I also recall an old cemetery
where a particular snake was very common.

This is probably a hit-or-miss proposition because cemeteries vary so
much from one place to another in their size, isolation, regularity
and extent of care, and visitation rates.

Malcolm

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry

Managing Editor,
Herpetological Conservation and Biology

"Peer pressure is designed to contain anyone with a sense of drive" -
Allan Nation

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

The Seven Blunders of the World (Mohandas Gandhi)
Wealth w/o work
Pleasure w/o conscience
Knowledge w/o character
Commerce w/o morality
Science w/o humanity
Worship w/o sacrifice
Politics w/o principle

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not