Although I am inclined to agree that most of the recent warming has a
strong anthropogenic signature, I looked at the abstract of the Journal of
Climate article (I don't have access to the full article) and don't see
how you can definitely conclude that the post 1950s warming is
significantly greater than any other comparable period in the last 1000
years.

"The average reconstructed temperature anomaly in Australasia during A.D.
1238-1267, the warmest 30-year pre-instrumental period, is 0.09°C
(±0.19°C) below 1961-1990 levels."

Perhaps I'm reading that quote from the abstract wrong, but isn't a
difference of 0.09°C within the margin of error of 0.19°C? I mention it
because some skeptics have presented analyses that suggest that the
current level of warming is not that different from that of Medieval
warming period.

Steve

J. Stephen Brewer
Professor