A quick and interesting editorial piece from Richardson & Ricciardi "Misleading
criticisms of invasion science: a field guide" in Diversity and Distributions
(2013, 19: 1461-1467).

A link to the article can be found here on the Canadian Aquatic Invasive
Species Network (CAISN) website (listed near the bottom of the page):
http://www.caisn.ca/en/publications

I am sure there will be a response from those who see no value in invasion
science but as one reviewer pointed out "when invasions are driven by us
(ballast waters, trade, aquaculture, you
 name it) and overcome wide ecological barriers... well, I would be very
 careful in saying that there is no problem."

Lisa