Really? You want us to go from “invasive” which is already contentious because
it attaches some anthropocentric value to an ecological process, to even more
strongly negative value-laden terms like “noxious” and “weed”? What room is
there then, on a planet dominated by humans (and our values), for any range
expansions or distributional changes by any species in response to, say,
climate change?

Dr. Madhusudan Katti
Associate Professor,
Department of Biology, M/S SB73